It's Been Awhile

     It's been awhile since I've written my blog and posted the link to the thirty day challenge. It's not because I've been lazy or been procrastinating or ran out of ideas. A lot has happened since Friday, March 12, which was the date of my last posting, and I've felt so overwhelmed that I had to take a break. I am working on not feeling guilty about this break in my writing and posting commitment. 

    * My niece's grandmother passed away on Friday, and my niece was with me on Friday night and into Saturday morning, so that her parents could mourn, take care of funeral arrangements, and alert the family members. 

    * I spent the weekend Upstate with my husband. Our WiFi and cell service was sketchy, and our time together limited, so I didn't work on my blog. I had a lot of thoughts about future posts, which I recorded in my notebook- so I guess that counts as writing. 

    * My migraines have decided to return- with a vengeance. Honestly, I am not even sure how I made it through work Monday or Tuesday, and how I will make it through today. I've taken my medicine, so the pain is not as bad; I can function, barely. 

    * My mother is thinking about signing herself out of her nursing home/ rehab center again- despite the fact that she is not really mobile and cannot take care of herself. The last time she decided to do this, she was home for three days before she fell and had to be taken to the hospital who sent her right back to rehab. This is probably the cause of the migraines. 

   * My father and I are applying for Medicaid for my mother. This is probably another cause of the migraines. 

    That's enough for now. . . more positive and interesting  (I hope) blogs to come in the near future. 


Comments

  1. Oh my you have a LOT going on this week/weekend. I can relate to your migraines over your mother and the nursing home sign out worry. My mother, who was at home, had a habit of firing caretakers and housekeepers without telling me. It was an ongoing battle. At one point, I lost a lot of hair - really - and I know it was related. I hope it helps to put some of the stress on paper. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have given yourself permission to take a break from SOL. Life comes first. Hoping the luck of the Irish brings you some happier days! My thoughts and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been dealing with a lot! I'm sorry that you've had so much stress and physical discomfort lately.

    Of course, it's perfectly reasonable to take time off from writing when other matters are pressing. I hope that things ease up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you rest and brighter days to come. You have to put your mask on before anyone else's. It seems like you care an awful lot. I hope you can find more time to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School (again)

"The Good Old Days" Inspired by Ralph Fletcher

Surrender is Not in My Vocabulary